Wednesday, November 19, 2008

a blister on my knee?

So I woke up Sunday morning with a blister on my knee cap. Who gets burns on their knee caps? Apparently I do. I will tell you why. I live in Utah and it is starting to get cold. I HATE being cold. I think I also have poor circulation in my feet because they are always freezing. Even if I put socks on, my feet won't warm up when I crawl into bed. So now I sleep with a heating pad. I turn it on and put it in my bed while I am going through the nightly ritual of brushing my teeth, getting jammies on, etc. Well, Saturday night I fell asleep pretty quickly and I think the heating pad was under my knees and the protective covering that keeps me from getting burned slipped off, exposing the super hot plastic stuff underneath. So there you have it, I have found a way to burn and blister on my knee cap. What a weirdo!

3 comments:

Rosanne, Darren's mom said...

poor Shellee, we have all done something silly like that, oh ok I don't know about everyone but I have. lol

Lars said...

I hope that heals quickly. Bummer. You might want to try a mattress pad style bed warmer. We have a dual zone one and it's awesome! No burns.

Anonymous said...

Boy, the things you come across on the Internet these days . . . . even long lost friends! We came across your site through the Savages site, which we came across through another friend's site. We'd love to catch up.