It was time to get out of the house and on to the open road! Jackson, Mariah, and I took a weekend road trip to Sacramento for my friend Julie's wedding. I wanted to share what we saw along the way so everyone would feel like they were on the trip with us!

These are the Great Salt Flats! This is my favorite stretch to drive because the mountains are so beautiful. I think the wide, white expanse is just incredible.

Someone built this "art" in the middle of the Flats. It is the Tree of Something. I looked it up once to get the details but we just call it the "tennis ball tree". It is so famous that it was a stopping point for The Amazing Race Family Edition. Pretty cool.

This is Nevada's version of Beverly Hills. It is the happening place!

A lone house on a hill on the outskirts of Winnemucca, Nevada. Why? I don't know.

I am trying to take this picture while driving and it didn't turn out so good. There is this weird house that is actually a historical monument outside of either Battle Mountain or Lovelock. I forget which (it all blends together in Nevada). It looks like it is made out of antlers, clay, and drift wood. It is one of our "points of interest" we look forward to seeing along the drive.
Wasn't that a fun trip? It was the same thing going back to Utah only on the opposite side of the freeway. It is 411 miles to cross Nevada. We always stop in Elko (the west exit because gas is about 30 cents cheaper) and Reno. The exits vary in Reno. It depends if we want In-n-Out or not. It only takes us about 9 hours and it is a great stress-free drive. The scenery can be boring but I love that drive. If anyone wants to join us on the next trip, let us know!
1 comment:
So why not a road trip to Texas?? We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment