Sunday, March 21, 2010

Catching up...

I have been wanting to find the time to post some updates on this blog. One of the things that I have wanted to add are pictures from Darren's memorial that we had last August. It was such a great day and it was fun to have family together, Darren's friends, and even an old friend from high school that Don and I hadn't seen in many years. The reason for getting together is sad and we miss Darren very much. The memorial was a perfect activity in his honor. We released almost 30 balloons with messages written on them. We started with 30 but balloons kept popping so I think by the time we released them there were only 25 or so. The number doesn't matter, it was the messages to Darren. We played frisbee golf too which was his favorite activity. My friend Lauri, mom, and I made a quilt out of Darren's shirts (and even a pair of boxers)which turned out great.

Pictures will be added later- I have run out of time! It's the story of my life.

No comments: