Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jalyn's black eye

Poor Jalyn Rose! She fell off of the back of the truck (not moving) and hit her head on the curb. It started out as a HUGE goose egg and now she is left with a purple eye. This happened Saturday, Aug 9th. On Sunday night she was complaining of an earache on the same side of her head. I was a bit concerned they might be connected so I took her to the doctor on Monday morning. Of course we got the concerned questions... How did this happen? Did you really fall off the truck or did your mom pop you in the eye? The standard questions. Thankfully we passed and we won't be having a "state" visit to make sure the rest of the kids don't have black eyes either. But Jalyn did come home with a prescription for antibiotics since she had a ear infection. She is concerned that she will still have her black eye when school starts on the 25th. I keep trying to reassure her that it will be gone. So add this to the other Harris stories of kids falling out of cars. Not nearly as exciting as Don or Darryl's stories but another story to pass down.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rosanne, Darren's mom said...

poor little thing, a story you can compare with Don and Darryl. I hope you feel better.

love and miss you,
Nana

Kori said...

Maybe it will be gone by picture day...