Saturday, September 6, 2008

One week down!

I did it! I finished my first week of college. It started last Tuesday...I needed to get there a little early because I needed to pick up one more book for a class. As I was paying for it, the cashier asked if I was faculty (Faculty gets a discount). I had to tell her no, I am undergrad trying to get a degree. So I head off to my first class. I sit down and recognize this kid that is sitting next to me. I ponder the whole hour while I try to figure out who he is. At the end of class, I talked to him and found out that he is the kid from our ward in Texas but he does not remember me. Not a surprise since he was probably a deacon and I was friends with his MOM! So I sit in class, not faculty and attending with my friend's kid! Did I mention that I am exactly TWICE as old as the new freshmen? I started college exactly half a lifetime ago for me. Just a perspective that makes me laugh. I am hoping to finally get a degree by the time I turn 40. Hopefully sooner. Go BYU!

3 comments:

Rosanne, Darren's mom said...

yeah, back at byu! mama is so proud

Andrea said...

Congrats on starting school (and getting all of your children in school all day). What are you studying?

Good to connect with your family again.

Rise and Shout 28-27.

Travis

Lars said...

You know you don't look twice as old. Some of the faculty is just young. :0)

It's so great that you are finishing your degree!