Friday, June 19, 2009

Camping at Tanners Flat

 

 

 

 


I love camping with the kids even if I don't sleep well because my toes are so cold. It was a cold night but the kids slept great and we went on many mini hikes along the creek. The creek was running super high though because of all the rain and snow we got this last winter and spring. We picked the best night to camp...it's been raining for the last two weeks, took a night off, and it is supposed to rain again today or tomorrow. We got lucky. It was a beautiful campground and the kids had a great time. They loved making smores and eating mini cereals right out of the box for breakfast. What could be better? We didn't have any major casualties although I think almost every kid fell in the water at some point. Just their feet got wet, we wouldn't let them too close to the creek because all it would take was one little misstep. We had lots of fun!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katy said...

What a great thing to do! And then with it 80 degrees today! Lucky! I love camping!