Sunday, June 7, 2009

Field Day

This is Mariah doing the wheelbarrow race. Some kids found it easier just to drag their wheelbarrow to the finish line.

I love Field Day at the Elementary school! It is something the kids all look forward to and we had a perfect day for it. The sun was out although we had to cut the day about 20 early because one of the afternoon spring storms came in and we had a quick downpour and winds. I was in charge of the relay races and so I got pictures of each of the kids participating in an event. My throat hurt by the end of the day from yelling at the kids, cheering them on, and repeating the directions over and over because no one would listen! The sixth graders were the worst. They can't stop talking. It was a fun day and I am so happy it is summer and the kids are out of school. We are going to have lots of fun!!
Jackson doing the hula hoop relay. That was a hoot to watch.
Jalyn was a good hopper even with a ball being held between the knees.
Cute first grader Shane doing the potato races. For some of the first graders- the bags were almost as big as them. It was the first time many of them had ever done this and it was HILARIOUS to watch.
Posted by Picasa