Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Love a Road Trip!

It was time for me to get the kids in the car and take a trip. I love road trips! They don't need to be long for me to enjoy it, they just need to be on the road. This time we packed up and headed to Burley, Idaho. We have good friends from our Texas days that live there and it was great to visit and catch up. Shane and Juli Downs and their family were gracious enough to let us stay with them, feed us, get treats from their store (for free!!), and entertain us. We all loaded up in the catering van and traveled over to Twin Falls to attend the new LDS Temple's open house. It was absolutely beautiful. One of the paintings in the temple depicted the Shoshone Falls that are nearby. Who knew that there were gorgeous waterfalls in a relatively flat area? I showed my ignorance of the landscape when I asked but then we went over to the Snake River and looked down the amazing gorge.We didn't make it over to the Falls because I needed another reason to go back to visit at a later time. The kids had a great time and didn't complain much in the car. My kids have been taking road trips since they were born and after 30 hour marathon trips from Texas to California, the three hours to Burley was a piece of cake. We didn't even have to stop to go to the bathroom. My camera battery died after just these 3 pictures but Juli took a bunch. When I get more, I will post them. Does anyone else need a visit to give me a reason to hop in the car? Actually, I don't need a reason, just a destination. Thanks to the Downs!





No comments: